Wir möchten euch ganz herzlich in unserem Millowitsch-Forum begrüßen!

Despite some less-than-stellar numbers

#1 von liny195 , 07.05.2019 05:38

http://www.royalsfanproshop.com/authentic-ryan-goins-jersey , Berrios showed why he could be the team’s future ace."It has been over ten years since the Twins have had a true ace pitcher. After Johan Santana was shipped to the Big Apple following the 2007 season, this franchise has been sorely lacking a clear #1: Scott Baker couldn’t fit the bill, Carl Pavano simply ate innings (granted, back when such a thing was still important), and Francisco Liriano was far too inconsistent. Ervin Santana pitched at ace-like levels last season, but that performance came out of nowhere and returned there just as quick.So, in terms of having a stud pitcher at the top of the staff for multiple years in a row, the Twins have struck out for quite some time.When looking at the basic stats of Jose Berrios in 2018, one would think this trend hasn’t changed — Berrios has an 11-11 record with 3.93 ERA. Doesn’t seem like anything to write home about. However, a deeper-dive into Berrios’ season produces a ton of reasons for optimism:First, consider that Berrios is just 24 years old, and 2018 was his first season of being in a major leagues all year long (he didn’t join last year’s starting staff until mid-May). Not including his final outing scheduled for Friday afternoon, Berrios has started 31 games (with two complete games and one shutout) and pitched 185.1 innings (which ranks in the top 20 among all pitchers in baseball and is already 40.0 more than his ‘17 total). As far as I can tell from his game logs on Baseball Reference, he has not missed a single turn in the rotation. I remember one contest where low velocity became a concern, but he didn’t come out of that game because of it and ended up not missing any time at all.Drilling deeper into the stats, Berrios improved in nearly every area from ‘17 to ‘18:WHIP: 1.22 to 1.14H/9IP: 8.1 to 7.6BB/9IP: 3.0 to 2.8K/9IP: 8.6 to 9.4K/W Ratio: 2.90 to 3.39About the only negative, stats-wise, was a slight uptick in HR/9IP: 0.9 to 1.2.After a win over Texas on June 24th, Berrios sat at 8-5 with a 3.15 ERA, basically his high-water mark for the season. His next start was on a sweltering Friday evening on the North Side of Chicago, and things started to unravel a little. He has struggled with his control a bit the final three months (8 games with 3+ walks after just one such contest before June 24th) Cheslor Cuthbert Jersey , as well as seen his team completely drop out of the race and field basically a non-competitive club for much of that time. Rarely was Buxton playing behind Berrios, Rosario was limited to DH work for some time before being shut down altogether, and of course half the infield (Brian Dozier and Eduardo Escobar) departed at the trade deadline.Perhaps the most impressive aspect of Berrios’ 2018 campaign, though? Physically, he never broke down (or if he did he bounced back quickly), and he’s been in the rotation all season long. In what has turned into a dismal tailspin of a finish for the ‘18 Twins, it would have been so easy for either the team or Berrios himself to “shut-er-down early”. This didn’t happen, and he’s been on the bump every fifth or sixth day.All things considered, I’m extremely impressed by Berrios’ 2018 season. He seems durable, he has youth on his side, and he continues to improve statistically. He definitely has some room to grow to become, say, a top-10 MLB ace, but he seems to be on that track. With a competent defense and positive ball club behind him, the sky seems to be the limit on what Berrios can ultimately achieve.Whenever the opportunity presented itself this season, I would try to align my 20-game ticket package games on days or nights when Berrios was on the mound. The reason? Besides the obvious (a better chance of a Twins W), there’s also a feeling that something truly special could happen when he is dominant. The last time I felt that way about a Twins pitcher was Johan Santana. As our second annual election approaches, please pass along your ideas for new categories or nominees"In anticipation of the release next week of the 2019 South Side Sox White Sox Hall of Fame ballot, I’m soliciting nominations for some new categories, and welcome feedback on the existing ones.You’ll recall last year we voted for an inaugural Hall of Fame class consisting of Frank Thomas, Minnie Mi帽oso Brian Flynn Jersey , Nellie Fox, Luis Aparicio and Luke Appling. But in addition to the standard vote, we included several special categories:Greatest White Sox SeasonContributorBest GimmickBest PromotionUniformsManagerMomentsNow, we’re going to run out of gimmicks and promotions, so I’ll combine that category this year. At some point, we’ll put an end to things like the best uniform or best manager category, because we’ll run out of viable candidates.Because 2005 was such a runaway winner in the two areas (greatest season, moment), that magical season is going to get its own wing in our White Sox Hall. So this year, there will be a category for best 2005 moment, which we’ll run until, say, we have a new World Series title to relive.So, new categories for 2019 are listed below (with some sample —not finalized — nominees, including a couple of Easter eggs):Best 2005 MomentFour straight complete games in the ALCSScott Podsednik’s walk-off World Series homerOrlando Hernandez’s bases-loaded jam in the ALDSJuan Uribe’s assist on the last out of the World SeriesPaul Konerko’s World Series grand slamA.J. Pierzynski stealing first baseGeoff Blum’s extra-inning World Series homerMark Buehrle starting and saving consecutive World Series gamesA.J. Pierzynski’s walk-off home run to beat the Dodgers, wearing 1959 throwbacksSweeping Cleveland to storm into the playoffs — and keep the Indians outGoing 11-1 in the postseasonFinishing the season/playoffs going 16-1Regular season games are absolutely OK for these nominations, so feel free to dig deep.Best Defensive PlayTadahito Iguchi’s upside-down assistMark Buerhle’s between-the-legs assistDeWayne Wise preserving Buerhle’s perfect gameJuan Uribe’s daredevil plunge into the stands in the World SeriesKen Griffey Jr. throwing out the lead run at home in the Blackout GameIt will obviously help to have video or at least a photo to illustrate the play for voting. I can’t think of any “legendary” pre-video play (from 1917, let’s say) that will garner much support, but if there is, nominate it! Also: Should we also have a Best Defensive Player category?Most Meteoric/Electric PlayerBo JacksonAlbert BelleDick AllenRon HansenRich GossageEsteban LoaizaBobby ThigpenAs intended, this can be a player who had uncanny skills (that may not have translated well to winning baseball) and/or a flash-in-the-pan impact on the White Sox. This list is mostly the latter http://www.royalsfanproshop.com/authentic-ryan-goins-jersey , as even Jackson’s legendary skills were eroded by injury by the time he came to Chicago. This test list is mostly some of the top WAR seasons by short-career White Sox.CharactersHarry ChappasYolmer S谩nchezSteve LyonsConor GillaspieTom PaciorekOzzie GuillenBill VeeckJack McDowellScott RadinskyHere’s another category-in-progress. The intent here is to enshrine a player who was colorful, perhaps a fan favorite, but ultimately more impactful with his antics than his play, given his tenure.Top South Side Sox memberThe CheatJim Margaluslarrye-gushomesickalienmechanical turkfloridajimI think it’s fun, and appropriate, to honor the founders of this site (although there’s at least one active member on my initial list). These are people whose participation made this site flourish. larry would probably be our best expert on this topic. Eventually, the list of nominees would morph into a group consisting of more active writers and commenters. (If you think it’s silly to honor people no longer active on the site, that’s fair feedback, and I’ll consider it.)Anyway, I’m busy erecting the new 2005 wing of the South Side Sox Hall of Fame, so please chime in on any of the categories or nominations above, to help me craft this year’s ballot. I tried to take careful notes a year ago on the feedback you had in terms of new categories or nominees, But if you think at category or nominee is horrible, fine. If you have an idea on how to change a category, good. An entirely new category? That’s cool, too.Let me know in the comments, and somehow, I’ll get a long White Sox Hall of Fame ballot out later next week.And for those of you who haven’t voted in the regular Hall of Fame election, c’mon, man. Get on it. We need your votes!

liny195  
liny195

How to Braid Your Human Hair Wigs
www.twinsfanproshop.com

Das Forum zur Millowitsch-Fanpage, http://www.millowitsch-fanpage.de
Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen