Wir möchten euch ganz herzlich in unserem Millowitsch-Forum begrüßen!

This week

#1 von liny195 , 02.01.2019 07:43

Buccaneers Caleb Benenoch Jersey , the Buccaneers come back off their bye week and head to Atlanta to take on the Falcons. To help preview the game, we throw five questions at The Falcoholic’s Dave Choatefor a Q&A session this week.Bucs Nation: Atlanta has struggled on defense this season. That unit has also been hampered by injuries. What adjustments have they made to overcome their woes?Dave Choate: The chief adjustments have been tinkering, really. The Falcons added a bunch of players to fill out the back end of the defense, including former Bucs safety Keith Tandy, but primarily they’ve been trying hard just to see what they have and put players in a position to succeed. That’s involved moving players in their secondary around and giving extended looks to young players like Duke Riley and Jordan Richards, with extremely mixed results.The Falcons are hoping continuity and time will make a difference, but with an anemic pass rush and a lot of issues with tackling, it’s hard to see how that’s going to suddenly get this thing to click. I’m concerned the Falcons are in deep trouble defensively the rest of the way.BN: Like the Buccaneers, Atlanta has not been able to produce on the ground. But Devonta Freeman has missed time due to an injury suffered in Week 1. What are Atlanta’s plans for the run game this week after Freeman was listed as “DNP” on Wednesday’s injury report?DC: I doubt Freeman will play this week, though there’s hope he’ll be back in Week 7 against the Giants. That leaves the Falcons with Tevin Coleman and Ito Smith, who have been solid but unspectacular on the ground in recent weeks. The Falcons are unlikely to commit to rushing the ball overmuch in this one, given the incentive to pass in what may be a shootout, but you can expect Smith to be used between the tackles and Coleman to get some outside runs in the hopes that he’ll break one or two. I’d say no more than 20 carries combined between the two. BN: What’s the mood within the organization and among the players and coaches after the team’s 1-4 start?DC: The mood for the organization is upbeat, at least on the surface. This is a team that never seems to lack for motivation, and you won’t get them to admit that their chances of turning this thing around are slim as hell Buccaneers Ryan Jensen Jersey , even though they are. Players are talking about self-improvement, Dan Quinn is talking about working specifically with struggling players to clean up issues with tackling and pass protection, and generally this organization is talking like they expect to go on a run any week now. It just has to be this week if they’re gonna stay alive in the NFC South.BN: What do they have to do to turn things around this season?DC: What don’t they have to do? On offense, the Falcons need to run the ball more effectively and protect Matt Ryan much better than they have without major personnel changes. That’ll require improvement from struggling tackle Ryan Schraeder and solid-but-unspectacular guards Wes Schweitzer and Brandon Fusco on both counts, which feels like it’s within reach given that all have been at least decent starters in the past.On defense, everything has to improve. The Falcons need more pass rush out of everyone not named Takk McKinley, they need far better play from a linebacker groups that has been eaten alive by penalties, bad angles and missed tackles, and they need to solidify third cornerback and strong safety spots that have been major liabilities for much of the season. Even getting one or two of those issues improved would help keep them in games, because they’re not good enough to hang with any solid offense at this point in the year.BN: Week 6 final prediction?DC: I’ve got the Falcons winning a shootout at home, 38-34. I don’t think either team is capable of stopping the other, so this is going to come down to whoever gets a lucky break and keeps the offense rolling crisply. I’m betting that the Falcons, who have been plagued by poor luck in addition to poor performance, finally get a lucky turnover or two to turn the tide in this one. After providing No. 2 overall draft pick Saquon Barkley with a big road grader to open some holes for the running game, the New York Giants went to work to improve their pass rush and stop the run.The Giants grabbed mammoth guard Will Hernandez of UTEP with the second pick of the second round on Friday night Buccaneers Beau Allen Jersey , a 345-pounder who moved into the Miners starting lineup as a redshirt freshman and started all 49 games at left guard.New York switched to defense in the third round, taking edge-rushing linebacker Lorenzo Carter of Georgia with the 66th pick overall and bullish tackle B.J. Hill of North Carolina State three selections later.The second choice came from Tampa Bay in the deal that sent defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul to the Buccaneers.In all three cases — four, if you count the Giants taking Barkley in the first round — general manager Dave Gettleman said it was value meeting need. That's something the Giants desperately needed coming off a 3-13 season."Dave and I were talking leading up to the draft, and I really believed we were going to get a lot better," new coach Pat Shurmur said. "I can tell you with the four picks, we have gotten a lot better."The Giants considered Hernandez a first-round choice, and they felt Carter and Hill had second-round grades, said Gettleman, who felt Barkley was the best player in the draft.Gettleman said Hernandez was the top player on the Giants' board when the second day started."You know I love the hog mollies and this guy really has a lot of talent," Gettleman said of Hernandez. "He is a very athletic kid for his size. He can run, he can pull and he plays very smart."Shurmur said that Hernandez will give the Giants strength in the middle and he is good in both the run and pass games."This is a guy who has a really good chance to play very early in his career," Shurmur said, adding he will be tested at both left and right guard.Hernandez also has a mean streak the Giants like. Gettleman described him as "cranky."Hernandez believes he can step in and play right away. He laughed when asked about his on-field demeanor."On the field I am a completely different person than I am off the field," Hernandez said. "I take football very serious. It's more than a game to me. It's who I am. So whenever I get on that field I take it with all seriousness."The Giants offensive line struggled last season with injuries and poor play. The team ranked No. 26 in the league in rushing, averaging 96.8 yards and finishing 31st in points scored.New York lost center Weston Richburg and left guard Justin Pugh to free agency. Gettleman signed New England Patriots left tackle Nate Solder and Jacksonville guard Patrick Omameh as free agents and planned to move 2015 first-round pick Ereck Flowers from left tackle to right tackle.Flowers Buccaneers Vinny Curry Jersey , however, is not taking part in the organized team activities and the recent minicamp, both voluntary events.Brett Jones played well at center after Richburg was sidelined by a concussion. The guard positions are wide open with John Jerry, Jon Halapio and John Greco all returning to challenge Hernandez and Omameh.The 6-foot-5 Carter had 165 tackles and 14陆 sacks in 54 games with the Bulldogs. He forced seven fumbles, recovered six and had 54 pressures."He played his best football in his biggest games," Shurmur said. "That's what really showed up. Special teams, he'll have an immediate impact there."Gettleman said the Giants tried to trade up to get him and could not get a deal done. They still got him.Hill had his best season in 2017, recording a career-high 57 tackles. He finished his career with 26陆 tackles for losses and nine sacks."B.J. Hill, he's tough to block," Shurmur said. "He is good against the run. He is kind of a little bit sneaky getting his pass rush, so we'll get a pass rush out of him as well."

liny195  
liny195

Bucs vs. Dolphins preseason 2018: Q&A with The Phinsider
TAMPA BAY (3-4) at CAROLINA (5-2)Sunday

Das Forum zur Millowitsch-Fanpage, http://www.millowitsch-fanpage.de
Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen